Pumpkin and molasses cookies & ginger icing
It’s pumpkin season around here, and sometimes there seems to be very little to do with them, other than to decorate them for Halloween, so I thought that a delicious cookie topped with yummy icing recipe was a great place to start.
- Serves16 cookies
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time10 min
- Timeout30 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, grated
- Preheat the oven at 350 °F and place the rack at the center of it. Cover 2 baking sheets with parchemin paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, clove, ginger, salt, baking soda and brown sugar together then set aside.
- Whisk the butter, pumpkin puree and molasses with a handheld mixer then slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Roll balls with about 2 tablespoons of cookie mix with your hands and lay them onto the cookie sheets, flatten them slightly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 9 to 10 minutes, or until the sides are golden, then let cool completely on a rack.
- In a bowl, combine all the icing ingredients and mix with a fork. Top the cookies with the ginger icing.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen before baking