HAZELNUT BUTTER COOKIES WITH ICING
The number of cookies this recipe makes will depend on the size of your cookie cutter. So when you're cutting the cookies (in Step 5), minimize waste and make even more cookies by using the trim. All you need to do is to combine the leftover dough into a ball and roll it out again.
- Great gifts
Yields 32 cookies
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, ground Replacement optionsor all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 125 ml hazelnuts, ground Replacement optionsor all-purpose flour
- 440 ml all-purpose flour
- 0 ml salt
- 250 ml butter, at room temperature
- 125 ml icing sugar
- 1 egg
For the icing
- 1 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 440 ml icing sugar
- 45 ml water
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the hazelnuts, flour, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter and the sugar together. Add the egg and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture, mix well, and shape the dough into two disks. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the first disk until it's 1/2- thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Repeat with the second disk.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.
- In a bowl, combine all the icing ingredients. Decorate the cookies with the icing.