Watermelon & mint Mocktail
You know that moment when the watermelon has been in the fridge for a while and is starting to get just a bit mushy? That’s when I use it for a mocktail recipe. You could always turn it into a cocktail if you please, I hear it’s particularly good with gin.
- Prep time5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 3-4 cups of watermelon
- A few leaves of fresh mint (or cilantro, or rosemary)
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 3-4 cups of sparkling water
- Blend the watermelon and mint leaves in a blender.
- Strain this mix through a fine sieve to get the watermelon juice.
- Add the ice cubes in either a few glasses or in a jug, then pour the juice over them, and pour an equal part of sparkling water. Top off with fresh herbs.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen. Keeps for 1 to 2 days in the fridge.