Creamy orange Mimosa
Watch the video
Photo credit: Dana Dorobantu
This week’s theme is the following : Super Seasonal Summer brunches.
I’m sure you’ve all heard of those creamy orange popsicles, the famous creamsicle?
I was inspired by childhood memories with this one, and I figured it was a great apperitif to a brunch. It’s a hybrid between a milkshake and your classic mimosa recipe. It tastes like my childhood, and it’s fun.
- Prep time5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- Orange slices, To decorate the glasses
- White sugar, to decorate the glasses
- 1 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups of sparkling apple juice (or a dry sparkling white wine)
- Slice half a piece of orange, and slice a few openening in it, to then rub the sides of the glasses with it. Dip each glass into the white sugar to sweeten up the rim. Set aside.
- Blend the orange juice with the ice cream.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of this mix into a glass, then fill with sparkling apple juice.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen. To be eaten on the spot.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018