Crunchy pretzel & chocolate caramel
Photo credit: Dana Doborantu
Sweet & salty recipes are always a win because they satisfy every craving. So, here’s a new one, that is no exception to this rule!
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time6 mins
- Timeout2 to 3 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 cups of salted pretzels
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the rack at the centre of it. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper making sure the sides are covered.
- Lay out the pretzels onto the sheet evenly, then set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a pot along with the brown sugar until the caramel bubbles up and thickens. Pour over the pretzels and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for another minute. Remove from the oven and spread the chocolate with a spatula.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then freeze for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut into pieces then serve.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen. Keeps for 3 days in the refrigerator or for 3 months in the freezer.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018