Date & dark chocolate energy squares
- ServesYields 16 squares
- Prep time10 mins
- Timeout15 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 250 g of dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 cup of your choice of nuts (I used almonds and cashews)
- 1 1/2 cup of Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup of ground chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of flax seeds
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double-boiler or in the microwave.
- Blend the nuts in the food processor then add the dates as well as the chia and flax seeds till the mix becomes a dough.
- Pour the chocolate mix and stir quickly together, the pour into a 9” square mould. Make sure you press down this mix evenly.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes then remove from the mould and slice 16 squares.
Tips & tricks
How-to freeze :
Freeze side by side on a baking sheet, then transfer into an air-tight bag.
How-to thaw :
Leave on counter for 5 minutes.
Can be frozen for :
Approximately 6 months.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018