RICE KRISPIE® SQUARE-STYLE MARSHMELLOW POPCORN
I have no idea what made me think up this recipe. Maybe I was having some sort of a brain spasm, but all of a sudden I had the urge to merge popcorn and Rice Krispie squares.
The result is impressive. It’s no fine dining, but it’s very original and quite enjoyable to snack on. Be warned: it’s incredibly sugary and rich!
- ServesServes 6
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time-
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 bag store-bought popcorn, popped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5.5 oz marshmallows
- Line a 12-inch x 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pop the popcorn according to the package directions. Remove any unpopped kernels and set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter, brown sugar, and honey in the microwave or a double boiler.
- Add the marshmallows and melt until smooth.
- Add the popcorn and mix gently. Pour the mixture into the dish and let stand for 1 hour or until the mixture is hard.
- Cut squares/balls/rectangles/chunks or eat it with a spoon. (I have to admit it’s not a very elegant dessert, but the taste is worth it).