Northern shrimp croutons with cream cheese & lime
This is a recipe that really pleases me because I’m a true fan of Northern Shrimps. Their texture and finesse are to die for, and I think they’re best when served as simply as possible. If I could serve these croutons every time I was entertaining I would, but I guess one has to vary a bit.
The “dip-lover” inside is quite content with the cream cheese mix.
- Serves12 pieces
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time2 mins
- Timeout10 mins
- 1/2 A Ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 250 g of Northern shrimps, thawed and wiped down
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- The juice of 1/4 of a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives, minced
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Slice 2 cm thick pieces of bread. Heat the olive oil over medium heat then brown the croutons for a minute on each sides. Then set aside.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl, and mix with a fork. Add the shrimps and stir.
- Serve the shrimp topping on the croutons.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen. To be eaten the same day.