Watch the video
My dad often made me this recipe with veal. It’s been my absolute favourite meal for years. I decided to try it with chicken and fresh mozzarella.
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup store-bought bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan, grated
- 4 chicken cutlets
- Dash of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup store-bought or homemade tomato sauce
- Lemon zest
Replacement optionsor lime zest
- 2 cups cheese of your choosing, grated
- 2 balls (250 g each) mozzarella di bufala, for serving
- Put the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three separate bowls. Add the parmesan to the bread crumbs and mix well.
- Coat each cutlet with flour, then with the egg mixture, and then with the bread crumbs.
- In a pan, heat a dash of olive oil and 1 tbsp butter. Sear the cutlets on each side until nicely browned.
- Transfer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with tomato sauce. Cover with grated cheese and broil for a few minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Garnish with pieces of mozzarella di bufala and lemon zest. Serve with buttered pasta.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018