Omelette in a mug
These days, people are so busy that I’ve almost got the impression that being in a rush has become trendy. Preparing meals is often last priority, and I think that’s sad, because we should definitely take the time to eat properly.
This recipe is extremely easy to prepare, cheap, and healthy.
I hope it’ll be a help to overworked professionals, families looking for new ideas, students in the middle of exam period, or anyone else who’s short on time but cares about what they eat.
- ServesServes 1 (can be easily doubled)
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time45 seconds
- FreezingFreezes well
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1 tablespoon topping of your choice, diced: pepper, ham, mushroom, bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Lightly brush the inside of a mug with oil and break the eggs into it. Whisk gently.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, and season.
- Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir with a fork and microwave for a few more seconds or until desired consistency is achieved. I like my omelette moist and a little runny.
- Season, to taste.