Eggplant, tomatoes, swiss chard & poached eggs stuffed Portobello mushrooms
- Serves4 PORTIONS
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time35 mins
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 Whole Portobellos
- 4 poached eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups of eggplants, sliced in 1 cm pieces
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 2 cups of swiss chard, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 a rosemary twig, chopped and leafs only
- Heat the oil over high heat in a pan, then brown the garlic and eggplant for 5 minutes then season.
- Add the remaining toppings ingredients, and keep cooking for 15 minutes over medium heat. Check seasoning if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and place the rack at the centre of it.
- Grease the outside of your mushrooms, then lay out on a baking sheet.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the vegetable mix, then bake for 15 minutes.Top with the poached egg then serve.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018