MELTED ICE CREAM & MAPLE SAUCE FRENCH TOAST
I’ve been thinking for a while about emptying out my freezer and filling it with frozen meals that will come in handy after I give birth.
I have a feeling I’m not the only one who doesn’t know what to do with all their half-eaten tubs of ice cream. This French toast recipe made with leftover ice cream is the idea of the century.
Use any flavour you like (except cherry, because seriously, that would be gross).
- ServesServes 2
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time5 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup good-quality ice cream of your choosing (I used caramel Coaticook)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices of bread of your choosing
- 4 fresh figs, for serving
Replacement optionsOu autre fruit de votre choix
- Combine the yogurt and maple syrup and set aside.
- Melt the ice cream in the microwave or let it sit at room temperature. Add the egg and beat.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- Dip 3 slices of bread in the ice cream mixture. Cook for 2–3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 with the other slices of bread and serve with fresh figs and maple sauce.