Tahini & sunflower biscuits
In my day (I feel weird saying that!), we were allowed to bring nuts and peanuts to school. Children were responsible for avoiding any contact with foods they were allergic to.
Now I’ve heard that not only are nuts and peanuts banned in schools, but chocolate too. My life would have been so miserable, ha, ha!
I guess, since it’s now a policy, it must be for the best, but I feel for all parents who have lunches to prepare.
This recipe is nut- and peanut-free.
These biscuits can be frozen either raw or baked. To bake from frozen, put the biscuits into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- ServesYields about 12 cookies
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup sesame butter (tahini)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into biscuits and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 5–10 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.