Butter cookies with lemon & rosemary
Rosemary? In a cookie? I can tell lots of you are making faces, but it’s so totally delicious combined with the freshness of the lemon, the sweetness of the sugar, and the richness of the butter.
These cookies make a great gift, because they’re a bit different and can be made in big batches without breaking the bank.
- ServesYields 12 cookies
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time7-9 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (plus a few sprigs for garnishing)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of fleur de sel (or sea salt)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Shape the mixture into 24 dough balls and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper over the cookies and flatten them using a rolling pin.
- Bake for 7–9 minutes.