Frozen chocolate banana bites
This isn’t really a recipe, but rather a nod to my mom friends, whose kids think they’re superheroes when they make these bites.
So, to spread the word and make more kids happy this summer, here’s a simple “recipe” that’s healthier than similar store-bought treats.
- ServesServes 6
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time5 min
- Timeout2 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup half-sweet chocolate chips
- Cut each banana into thirds. Insert a wooden popsicle stick into the end of each banana piece. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler.
- Dip 2/3 of each banana in the chocolate. The chocolate will harden.
- Immediately roll in the nuts or your chosen topping(s) and enjoy.
Tips & tricks
Pistachios, roughly chopped
Peanuts, roughly chopped
Chocolate, grated or chopped