Cherry & almond pie
- Serves6 - 8
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time30 mins
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/2 cup of Graham cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup of butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
Cherry & almond mix
- 3/4 cup of almond powder
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- A few fresh cherries
- Your preferred selection of ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F then place the rack at the centre of it. Grease a 9″ pie plate, then set aside.
- Mix all the crust ingredients in a bowl, then press into the pie plate. Cook in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Mix all the cherry & almond filling ingredient with a hand-held mixer, until smooth.
- Pour this mix onto the crust, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool entirely.
- Once you’re ready to serve, top with fresh cherries and ice cream.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018