Creamy orange quinoa cup & watermelon salad
I have officially become the queen (the title humbles me) of coming up with HEALTHY quick-fix dessert recipes for my daughter. I’m just trying to not feed her massive amounts of sugar, and I honestly think it’s working because she loves everything I make.
And since her appetite is not always the same, one day she’s as hungry as a bear, the other she’ll barely look at what’s on the table), I make sure there are some nutrients in our desserts.
I put together this lovely recipe with a bit of leftover quinoa from the night before, and it’s astounding. I’d say it’s a hybrid between a rice pudding (minus the gooey part) and a smoothie. While I might not be able to describe this dessert accurately, there’s one thing I can say: it’s delicious and fresh.
I also recommend you try drizzling some chocolate over it to add a bit of fancy!
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time30 mins
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup of cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1/2 cup of Greek vanilla yogurt
- ½ an orange’s zest
- 2 to 3 cups of watermelon, diced in 2cm pieces
- 1/2 cup of fresh whole raspberries
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
- Mix the quinoa, yogurt and orange zest in a large bowl then pour into small jars.
- Combine the watermelon, raspberries and mint in another bowl then add atop the previous mix.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen. Enjoy immediately.