Blueberry filled melted brie & roasted cinnamon bread
In my expert opinion (you know, approximately…maybe…) bread is the central ingredient in most kitchens, 95% of the time. Either it’s in the morning or the evening, we eat it in many different ways. It’s become a bit of a personal challenge for me to come up with different ways to cook with it.
Here’s the perfect brunch recipe, (strangely) it tastes like raisin bread, and it’s absolutely delicious.
We put together a “stop motion” on Instagram if ever you want to go see how it’s done, in less than a minute 😉 !
- Serves4 - 6
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time25 - 30 mins
- Timeout10 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 4 slices of La récolte St-Méthode (integral bread), diced in 1″ pieces
- 1 (200 g) whole brie piece
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F and place the rack at the centre of it. Grease a 9″ pie plate and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt in a bowl, then add the pieces of bread and stir.
- Pour into the pie plate, then dig a small hole in the middle to add the brie.
- Top it all off with blueberries, then bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen. Enjoy immediately.