Curry cream cheese, chicken & vegetable tart
I want to apologize for the picture—it’s not our best, I know. The thing is that we had people over when I made the recipe, and they jumped on the tart before I even had time to take a photo.
Anyway, if you’re looking for a recipe that helps you get your servings of vegetables, here’s a fantastic one where you get to decide what kind of vegetable you want. I made it with broccoli, but you could use cauliflower, peppers, or grated zucchini.
The main goal is to have fun, but also to encourage your family to eat vegetables!
- ServesServes 4–6
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time30 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 lime, for serving
For the topping
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
Replacement optionsor other vegetable
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and curry powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine all the topping ingredients. Season, then set aside.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry and transfer onto the baking sheet.
- Spread the curry cream cheese over the dough and top with the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve with squeezed lime.