Sweet potatoe, quinoa & feta tortilla
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time35 min
- Timeout10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 3 cups of sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced .5 cm thick
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup of 35% cream
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup of dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup of chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and place the rack at the center of it.
- Combine the onion, sweet potatoes and olive oil in a bowl. Season then cover and bake in the microwave for 8 minutes. Remove the cover and let cool for 10 minutes before going to the next step.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream, then add the cooked quinoa, dried tomatoes, feta and chives. Season then stir.
- Slowly add the sweet potato mix, then stir and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a 12” non-stick pan, on medium heat then pour the tortilla mix in the pan. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, then bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, the middle must be baked.
- Remove the tortilla by covering the pan with a plate and turning it over, thus allowing the tortilla to slide out. Serve.
Tips & tricks
1 cup of cooked quinoa = 1/3 cup of uncooked quinoa.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018