Crispy vegetable rolls and hoisin sauce (to be frozen)
- Serves12 rolls
- Prep time40 mins
- Cook time40 mins
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 box (227 g) of white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cups of Chinese cabbage, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup of Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 cups of vermicelli, cooked and chopped roughly
- 1 cup of soy beans (edamame) canned or unfrozen
- 1 pack of phyllo dough
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large non-stick pan then brown the mushrooms and shallots for 2 minutes. Add the Chinese cabbage and carrots and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the hoisin and soy sauce as well as the vermicelli and soybean then continue cooking for another minute making sure everything is mixed together.
- Pour into a bowl then set aside for 30 minutes, making sure everything cools entirely.
- Prep a clean working space, then spread the phyllo pastry sheet vertically, then baste with oil.
- Add 1/3 cup of vegetable mix onto the pastry sheet then roll and fold it. Repeat with every sheet.
- Baste each roll with oil then freeze them on a baking sheet, making sure they aren’t touching. Once they are completely frozen, wrap them air-tight.
Baking the rolls
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Lay the rolls onto a grease pan, then bake for 30 minutes if baked fresh or 40 minutes if frozen.
- Combine all the ingredients and serve.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018