Zucchini, parmesan & bacon flaky pastries
Bacon appetizers are always a good idea, and always a favorite. Try leaving the plate on the counter for a few minutes and they will all be gone before you can say bacon! Haha!
Using a mandolin to slice the zucchinis is the trick to having them all the same width.
- Serves16 appetizers
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time30 min
- Timeout10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 200 g of flaky pastry crust
- 2 cups of zucchinis, thinly sliced
- A drizzle of quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
- Sea salt & Cracked pepper, as preferred
- 3/4 cup of bacon, chopped in small pieces
- of Parmesan flakes
- Preheat the oven at 400°F and place the rack at the center of it. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the flaky pastry onto the baking sheet and cover with the zucchinis. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary then season. Add the bacon pieces on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, making sure the crust is crispy.
- Top with the parmesan flakes, then slice to serve.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen. Keeps for 3 days in the refrigerator.