Trifecta of the sea & herb emulsion
If you love sea food, this simple recipe will tickle your taste buds. The herb emulsion tops this dish in a delicious way and enhances the scallops, shrimps and salmon flavour.
- Prep time25 min
- Cook time15 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 scallops size U-10
- 18 shrimps, deveined and prepped
- 6 skinned salmon filet (approximately 100 g each)
- Celery salt & pepper, as preferred
- 2 cups of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons of capers
- 2 egg yolks
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 1 cup of olive oil
- Combine the herb ingredients in the food blender, except for the olive oil then blend together while slowly adding the oil until smooth. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- On medium-high heat in a large non-stick pan, heat the olive oil then roast the scallops or shrimps for 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, on medium heat, bake the salmon filets until golden. Turn-over and cook for another few minutes (the center of the filet should still be pink.)
- Serve 1 scallop, 3 shrimps and 1 salmon filet on each plate. Season then add the herb emulsion to serve.
Tips & tricks
Keeps for 3 days in the refrigerator. Cannot be frozen. The sauce can be kept for 5 days in the refrigerator and can be frozen for 6 months.