Shrimp, chicken, chorizo & vegetable green rice casserole
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time30 mins
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 cup of Basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 6 chicken thighs, sliced in 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup of chorizo, diced
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 2 cups of sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of medium-sized shrimps, cooked
- 1 cup of fresh parsley (leaves and stem)
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro (leaves and stem)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Jalapeno peppers, corred (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 cup of water
- Blend all the green rice ingredients in a blender until this mix is liquid. Set aside.
- Rinse the Basmati rice a few times. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a dutch oven over medium heat then brown the yellow peppers and simmer for 10 minutes slowly. Season.
- Add the basmati rice, sweet potatoes and green rice mix. Stir until well-combined then cover. Simmer over low heat for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add the tomatoes and shrimps. Stir, cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Check the seasoning if needed then serve.
Tips & tricks
Cannot be frozen.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018