Beets, duck confit & artichoke carpaccio
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time2 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 – 6 medium red beets, cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of capers, thinly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, or canned
- 1 duck leg confit, pulled and cleaned
- 1/4 cup of Grenoble walnuts, roasted and chopped roughly
- 1 of green sprouts, as preferred
To do beforehand
- Slice the beets thinly, then lay them at the bottom of 4 plates. Cover with a plastic wrap then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine the mayonnaise, honey, capers and pepper then refrigerate.
- Mince the artichokes, then mix with the duck and nuts. Refrigerate.
To do when ready to serve
- Heat the duck mix for 1 to 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Pour onto the beets, drizzle with sauce then top with sprouts.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018