Salmon & rice nuggets
- ServesYields 16 nuggets
- Prep time10 mins
- Cook time40 mins
- Timeout20 mins
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 2 cups of brown rice, uncooked
- 1 broccoli (2 cups), cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 450 g of cooked salmon
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Rinse the rice then add to a pot along with 2 ½ cups of water. Cover then bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper then set aside.
- Combine all the nuggets ingredients in a bowl then add the rice. Shape 16 nuggets and then lay out on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 25 minutes then serve with spicy mayo.
Tips & tricks
How to freeze :
Freeze side by side on a baking sheet then store in an airtight container.
How to thaw :
Heat in the oven or microwave, as preferred.
Can be kept in the freezer for :
Approximately 3 months.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018