Guacamole & crab toasts
In the winter, I like to invite friends or family over for dinner. In the summer, I prefer having them for lunch, and I cook refreshing and healthy dishes that I lay in the centre of the table so everyone can help themselves.
I think these toasts are the perfect balance between no fuss and a solid effort.
You can replace the crab with northern shrimp or lobster meat.
- ServesYields 4 bites
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4 slices country-style bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup guacamole (click here for my recipe)
- 4 oz crab meat
- Fleur de sel (or sea salt), to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Rub the clove of garlic on one side of each piece of bread and toast.
- Spread guacamole on each toast and top with crab meat.
- Garnish with a pinch of fleur de sel and some pepper. Serve immediately.