Sparkling pineapple lemonade
I came up with a pineapple lemonade recipe and put it all together with my little neighbour last night. And since my crowd was mostly kids, I opted for a flat version and kept a small glass of sparkling water on the side for myself. It’s all about balance!
An awesome way to “jazz” up your lemonade game during strawberry season, is to accidentally drop a few of them in a blender, you’ll be happy you did. Just add a bit of water if you find it’s too sweet and you’ll get a lovely shade of pink.
The pineapple mix can be prepped and frozen until needed.
- Prep time10 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- A few ice cubes
- 1 L of sparkling (or flat) water
- Blend the pineapple with the sugar, honey, lemon juice and cold water in a blender until smoothe. Sieve the mix then remove all the pineapple pieces.
- Add the ice cubes and pineapple mix in a large pitcher, then pour in the sparkling water. Stir and serve.