Strawberry, orange & maple lemonade
This morning, when I got to the market, the delicious scent of fresh strawberries was floating in the air. It smelled so good that it almost made me forget what I went for. I decided to make strawberry jam as a birthday gift for my grandmother, so I bought two large cartons.
On the way home, however, the excessive heat made me change my mind: I would make strawberry lemonade instead.
Those who have been following us since the beginning of Three Times a Day might have noticed that I often replace sugar with a natural sweeteners, such as honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar. That way, my conscience is clear, and I find it tastes better, to boot. So here’s my sugar-free strawberry lemonade recipe!
- ServesServes 6-8
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time-
- FreezingFreezes well
- 4-5 lemons (to yield 1 cup lemon juice)
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup, to taste
Replacement optionsor any other natural sweetener like honey or agave nectar
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- Squeeze the lemons and oranges and pour the juice into a jug. Set aside.
- Pour the water, strawberries, and maple syrup into a blender. Process until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and pour the lemonade into the jug. Stir well. Serve cold.
- You can add maple syrup or water, to taste.
Tips & tricks
A friend suggested adding a bit of vodka to make this lemonade alcoholic! ?