- Serves8 - 12
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time40 mins
- Timeout30 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 cup of fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup of honey (or brown sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, then place the rack at the centre of it. Grease a 9″ Bundt cake pan, then set aside.
- Whisk the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla on high speed with an electric mixer for 5 to 6 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add the dry mix while alternating with the grapefruit juice until you make a dough.
- Pour the dough in the pan and cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Bring all the syrup ingredients to a boil in a pot, then cook for a minute. Set aside on the warmer.
- Pour the still hot syrup on the cake as soon as you take it out of the oven and let the syrup soak in completely. Let cool before removing from the pan.
- Serve with fresh cream.
Tips & tricks
While the amount of syrup this recipe yields might seem like a lot, I assure you it’s not, the cake will soak it all up.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018