Corn, dates and cheddar bread
- Serves8 - 10
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time35 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 cups of cooked corn
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of old cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup of corn flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and place the rack at the centre of it. Grease a 9″ x 4″ bread pan, then set aside.
- Blend the corn and water together in the blender until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl then add the remaining ingredients. Mix until you get a dough.
- Pour into the pan and cook for 35 minutes. Slice and serve.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen. Keeps for a week in the fridge.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018