Lemon, raspberry & yogurt bread
For Christmas, fellow-chef, Ricardo, and Brigitte (his wife) sent me a gift box that included a loaf pan, and I really like it. It’s simple, non-stick, and the perfect size. Thank you, my friend (frankly, I don’t know Ricardo personally, but I tell myself he’s my buddy).
This cake is the perfect combination of dessert, snack, breakfast, and incentive for Alex to obey my orders (haha!). I serve it with ice cream, but you could also add fruit, yogurt, or sorbet.
It’s great for two people to make for fun on a Sunday, and is easily inhaled in eight seconds—but it’s better when slowly savoured.
- ServesServes 6–8
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time45 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 6 oz (1 pint) fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice with the sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, whisking between each egg. Add the oil and the yogurt.
- Add the flour, mix well, and gently add the raspberries, stirring minimally.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the centre is cooked.