Peach bread pudding & chocolate sauce
Watch the video
Photo credit: Cindy Boyce
Adding peaches to a traditional bread pudding recipe was a great (and incredibly delicious) idea.
- Serves6 to 8
- Prep time25 min
- Cook time45 to 60 min
- Timeout5 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 8 slices of St-Méthode ‘s home style bread, cut in square pieces
- 3 fresh peaches, quartered
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger, grated
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder, sieved
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of cold butter
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Add the peaches and bread to a bowl, then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the honey, butter, ginger and salt then gradually add the milk as well. Pour onto the bread and peaches.
- Pour the mixture into a 9” wide round cake pan or a 9” wide square cake pan, then bake for 45 minutes or until the middle is set. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- During this time, mix the cocoa powder and honey in a small pot. Add the milk and vanilla extract then heat it up on medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk the butter into the warm sauce to melt it.
- Pour the sauce onto the bread pudding, and serve.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018