Rose water bundt cake & yogurt icing
I ate these cakes all alone, in my dirty pajamas on a Wednesday night, and I swear it was still romantic. If you could taste romance, it would taste like these cakes.
In all honesty, it tastes like The Notebook. Each bite taste like Ryan Gosling building his gorgeous old house with blue shutters. The End.
- Serves4 small cakes
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time40 mins
- Timeout1 night (icing)
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of rose water (can be found in stores)
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of greek vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and place the rack at the centre of it. Grease and add flour to 4 small bundt cakes, then set aside.
- Whisk the butter and sugar for 5 minutes with a handheld mixer until the mix is nice and creamy. Add the egg and continue whisking for another minute. Add the remaining ingredients and mix with a spatula to obtain a dough.
- Pour the mix into the moulds and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the moulds and let cool completely.
- Add the yogurt and powdered sugar to a bowl and stir together until smooth then pour onto the cakes. Top with a few rose petals if desired.