Oatmeal, coconut, banana & chia seed cookies
Egg-less recipes before Easter is still the theme around here so, here’s a fantastic cookie recipe made with chia seeds. They can be found in many grocery stores, and it’s an excellent egg substitute when making desserts. One medium size egg can be replaced by one tablespoon of ground chia seeds mixed with ¼ cup of hot water.
- Serves12 cookies
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time20 mins
- Timeout10 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 crushed bananas
- 2 tablespoons of ground chia seeds, mixed with ½ a cup of hot water
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups of oatmeal flakes
- 1 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the rack at the center of it. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Mix the crushed bananas, chia seed mix, melted coconut oil and brown sugar in a bowl. Then add the oatmeal and coconut flakes and stir until well combined.
- Use a spoon to shape the dough into small balls, and lay them onto the cookie sheet.
- Flatten each dough ball slightly and bake for 20 minutes.