Quick-fix chocolate & raspberry ice cream sandwiches
- ServesMakes 6 sandwiches (12 cookies)
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time8 mins
- Timeout15 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of your preferred nuts selection, chopped
- 1/3 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- Your choice of ice cream
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and place the rack at the centre of it. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Combine all the cookie ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands until it becomes a dough.
- Shape 12 cookie dough balls, of about 1 ½ » each, then squish them down onto the baking sheet until you get a cookie of about 2 ½ – 3″ wide. Bake for 8 minutes in the oven. Let cool completely.
- Top 6 of your cookies with ice cream and raspberries, then add another cookie on top of each to make the sandwiches.
Tips & tricks
It’s very important to let the cookies cool down completely on the baking sheet before removing them, or else they might break. They might seem a bit mushy when you take them out of the oven, but they will firm up when they cool down and stay nice and moist this way.