Buttermilk, green olives, cheddar & herb cookies
- Serves12 cookies
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time25 mins
- Timeout15 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of cold butter, diced
- 1/4 cup of chives, minced
- 1 1/2 cup of old cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup of chopped green olives, strained
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place the rack at the centre of it.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, baking powder, cayenne pepper, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the butter.
- Either using a pastry blender or rubbing the mixture in your hands, mix until you get a grainy mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients, then shape a dough without kneading it too much.
- Make 12 cookies, then lay them onto a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before baking in the oven for 25 minutes.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018