Baking gingerbread cookies with kids is definitely an activity to do while listening to Christmas music, in full view of the Christmas tree all lit up.
Don’t hesitate to modify the spice quantities I’ve suggested. Love cinnamon or ginger? Throw in some more and the recipe will be just as good.
As for shapes, there are a huge variety of cookie cutters out there to have fun with. In Quebec, the place to go for cookie cutters is Ares.
- ServesYields 12 cookies
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, molasses, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until 1/3-inch thick. Cut out the shapes of your choice (see the intro) and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes.
Tips & tricks
Se congèle. Se conserve 1 semaine dans un contenant hermétique à température ambiante.