- ServesYields 2 ½ cups
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time15 min
- Timeout2 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 8 cups McIntosh apples, keep the peel, quartered
- ½ a lemon’s juice
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of water
- Combine all ingredients in a pot, cover then cook on medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks
- Pour into a food processor and blend into a puree. Strains your mix for a smooth texture (optional)
- Keeps for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018