Honey, Mascarpone, strawberry & raspberry trifle cake
Whenever I have enough time to prep my dessert ahead of time, I always opt for the Trifle cake because it has to chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours anyways! It’s also a pleasant meal to share with your loved ones.
I’ve pimped out this particular recipe with 2 tsps of dried lavander mixed into the mascarpone, but that’s only if you really want to go all out. 😉
- Serves8 Portions
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time30 mins
- Timeout3 hours
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 jar (475 g) of mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup of 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of honey + drizzle as topping
- 2 teaspoons of dried lavender flowers (optional)
- 1/2 a box of Graham cookies (200g)
- 2 cups of fresh Québec strawberries
- Whisk the mascarpone, the cream, and honey with a hand-held mixer.
- Lay 1/4 cup of the mascarpone mix at the bottom of a round 9” pan then cover with crumbled cookies. Add another 1/4 cup of cream, then garnish with 1 cup of strawberries and raspberries. Add one more layer of cream then cover with cookies again and finish with the remaining cream mix.
- Garnish with remaining strawberries and raspberries and then with the drizzle of honey.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.