Scalloped sweet potatoes
Watch the video
Photo credit : Cindy Boyce
This side dish is quite the hefty companion, therefore, I suggest you serve this with fish or seafood, to somewhat balance out your meal.
- Serves6 to 8
- Prep time20 min
- Cook time2 h
- Timeout10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 3 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced with a mandolin (6 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups of leeks (the white part), sliced
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Pepper, as preferred
- 1 1/4 cup of cooking cream, 15%
- 1 triple cream Brie cheese (300g), remove the crust and cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch, diluted in 2 tbsps of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 8 slices (200g) of raclette cheese
- Preheat the oven at 375°F and place the rack at the center of it.
- Mix the sweet potato slices, garlic and leek in a bowl then season generously. Set aside.
- In a pot, on low heat, heat the cream and cheese until it starts to simmer lightly then keep stirring to melt the cheese completely.
- Add the diluted corn starch and nutmeg, then stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Lay the potatoes at the bottom of a 9” square pan, then pour the creamy mix over them and cover with an aluminum foil. Cook for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Raise the oven temperature to 450°F. Remove the foil and layer the raclette cheese atop the mix. Grill the cheese for 20 minutes then let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018