Large lima beans, celeriac & spinach stew
This recipe wins the big three: cheap, easy and quick to put together. All you have to do to make this a complete meal is to serve it with either some rice, couscous, quinoa or some millet.
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time40 mins
- Timeout1 hour
- FreezingFreezes well
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups of celeriac, peeled and diced
- 2 boxes of (540 ml chacune) of large lima beans, rinsed and strained
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large non-stick pan then brown the onions for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent any burning.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the spinach and cover. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes, thus allowing the celeriac to soften.
- Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Check the seasoning, adjust if needed and serve.
Tips & tricks
The onions will caramelize quicker if you add a bit of salt, it removes all the water in them.