Three-cheese veal manicotti
For the first time, Alex came to cook with me in a video clip. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard. We looked like two idiots pretending they know their way around a kitchen. Anyway, have fun watching!
- ServesServes 4–6
- Prep time15 min
- Cook time45 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 14 manicotti
- 2 cans (680 ml each) tomato sauce
Replacement optionsor other sauce of your choice
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
For the stuffing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground veal
- Two Italian sausages, mild or hot, casings removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and soften the onion until translucent.
- Add the veal and sausage and cook for 5–8 more minutes or until meat is brown.
- Season generously, add the garlic, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining stuffing ingredients. Stuff the pasta.
- Pour half the tomato sauce into an oven-safe dish. Place the stuffed pasta in the tomato sauce and cover with the remaining sauce. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake for 30 minutes and serve.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018