MUSTARD CHICKEN WINGS & FRIED ONION CRUMBLE
I have no idea why, but we always have wings and ribs at our favourite restaurants and never make them at home. I tend not to make them, even though they’re pretty simple. I’m just not as easily inspired when it comes to meat. I’m not a big carnivore.
This recipe is a kick in the rear for people like me. It’s not complicated to make, and it’s super satisfying to see your guests’ faces when they dig in and get messy.
P.S. This recipe is easy to double, triple, quadruple, etc.
- ServesServes 4
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time20 min
- FreezingFreezes well
- 3 lb chicken wings
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
For the crumble
- 1/3 cup store-bought fried onions (often found with the salad toppings at the grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon fresh Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- In a bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients and set aside 1/4 cup of the sauce in another little bowl. Add the chicken wings to the first bowl of sauce and coat them. Place the wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Put the wings in a bowl and coat them with the remaining sauce. Place the wings on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, mix all the crumble ingredients and sprinkle on the wings. Enjoy!