Portuguese marinade chicken burgers
- Prep time15 mins
- Cook time15 mins
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 8 chicken thighs
- 4 burger buns
- Your choice of condiments
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons of spicy Portuguese Piri-Piri sauce (or Sriracha sauce)
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and add the chicken to it, marinate for a minimum of 6 hours.
- On the barbecue, grill the chicken over medium heat, for 15 minutes making sure you turn them over a few times to cook thoroughly.
- Grill the buns, then top with chicken and your choice of condiments. Serve.
Tips & tricks
Can be frozen. Keep for 2 to 3 days in the fridge.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018