Chicken, red lentils, cream & mustard stew
- Prep time20 minutes
- Cook time1 hour 30 minutes
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- 8 – 10 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onions, chopped
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of red lentils, rinsed & strained
- 1/2 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 4 cups of kale, minced
- 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard
- 2 of Laurel leaves
- 1/2 cup of cooking cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and place the rack at the centre of it.
- Season the chicken.
- Melt the butter over high heat in a large pan then roast the chicken for 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a Dutch oven.
- Add the onion to the still hot pan, then cook for 4 minutes. Deglaze with 1 cup of chicken broth and transfer into the Dutch oven. Season generously.
- Add the remaining ingredients, then season again. Cover and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Check seasoning and serve.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018