Olive, tomato & chicken Alfredo bowties
I have to be really sick to not want to cook. I’ve been stuck in bed for 4 days and I can (barely) eat. Alex doesn’t recognize me anymore. He’s worried to see me bed-ridden, as I’m usually an early riser with a million projects on the go.
Last night, I asked him to go pick up a few ingredients so I could prepare something easy today. This is the result. Rest assured I’ll try it again when I’m in better shape!
- ServesServes 2–3
- Prep time5 min
- Cook time25 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 7 oz bowtie pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fennel, minced
Replacement optionscould be replaced by an onion
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 15% cream
Replacement optionsor 35% cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Fresh herbs of your choice, for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter and sauté the fennel for 7–8 minutes or until nicely browned. Season.
- Add the cooked chicken, cherry tomatoes, olives, and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed and serve topped with fresh herbs.