Sausage & creamy pumpkin sauce pasta
Pumpkin is often seen in desserts, but I wanted to change it up and use it in a pasta recipe to truly show its worth. I made this with cheese-filled pasta, but you can use any other kind you prefer. Your own inspiration will make for a delicious recipe as well.
- Prep time10 min
- Cook time45 min
- FreezingNe se congèle pas.
- 1 box (350 g) of stuffed pasta, as preferred
- The stuffing of 6 spicy Italian sausages
- A few sage leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 cups of fresh pumpkin
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 fresh sage leaves
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then bake the pasta following the instruction on the box. Strain then set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot, on medium heat, then soften the onion and the fresh pumpkin for 8 minutes.
- Add the milk, chicken broth, garlic and sage leaves then let it all heat up without bringing it to a boil.
- Pour the whole mix into a blender and blend until smooth. Season and pour into the baking pan. Add the pasta to the sauce and mix together to coat each one, then set aside.
- Cook the sausage in a pan on medium-high heat until it is well done.
- Serve the pasta topped with sausage and a few sage leaves.