Ham, butternut squash & rosée sauce lasagna
The best part about the Catelli Express®, Catelli Express® pasta is that they can be baked directly in the oven. Which saves so much time and energy in the kitchen, it’s a revelation, especially when you’re putting a lasagna together.
Here’s a lasagna with an original twist, made with ham and butternut squash & the flavors blend together perfectly.
- Prep time30 min
- Cook time1 h 10 min
- Timeout10 min
- FreezingFreezes well
For the white sauce (Béchamel)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 3 cups of milk
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
For the rosé sauce
- 1 can (796 ml) of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of cooking cream (15%)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped
For the lasagna
- 1 box (375 g) of lasagna Catelli Express®
- 12 slices of cooked ham
- 4 cups of butternut squash, peeled and sliced into 1/2 cm pieces
- 4 cups of shredded smoked mozzarella
- Pre-heat the oven at 350°F, set the rack at the center of the oven.
- For the béchamel sauce : Melt butter in a saucepan, on low heat then add the flour and cook for 5 minutes. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon.
Add the milk very slowly, then cook for 10 minutes, on medium heat for the sauce to thicken. Season, then set aside.
For the rosé sauce: In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the rosé sauce and set aside.
For the lasagna: In a buttered casserole dish, stack the lasagna in this order: a third of rosé sauce, half the pasta, 6 ham slices, all the béchamel and butternut squash. Continue with another layer of a third of the rosé sauce, what’s left of the pasta and 6 slices of ham topped with the remaining of the rosé sauce.
Cover your lasagna with an aluminum foil, then bake for 45 minutes in the oven or until the pasta is cooked. Remove the foil, add the shredded cheese and finish up the baking under the grill for 8 to 10 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.