Tomato, thyme & honey pulled lamb shoulder
- Prep time20 mins
- Cook time4 hours
- Timeout5 mins
- FreezingFreezes well
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 kg of lamb shoulder, sliced in 4 parts & deboned
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 can (796 ml) of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 6 of fresh thyme twigs
- 2 tablespoons of fresh oregano
- Salt & pepper, as preferred
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and place the rack at the centre of it.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a dutch oven over high heat, then brown the lamb pieces for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic then continue cooking for a minute.
- Deglaze with white wine then add the remaining ingredients. Cover then bake for 4 hours.
- Take the lamb shoulder out of the oven and pull it apart with two forks. Serve with egg noodles.
Recipe published on August 19, 2018